Please note: Cohort 7 is a special cohort open only to those currently participating in a short term program in Israel. The next cohort for North American-based participants will be March 2018.
Intensive professional development for experiential Jewish educators to staff Birthright Israel trips, including:
- A fully-subsidized four-day skill-building seminar
- Workshops in experiential Israel education
- Increased knowledge about Judaism and Israel
- A peer network of elite leaders and educators
- 22+ years old (at start of the seminar)
- Plans to return to the United States or Canada following the short term Israel experience
- Ability to staff 3 Birthright Israel trips in the 3 years following the Birthright Israel Fellows seminar (Summer '17 – Summer '20)
- Open to those with or without previous staffing experience
The following criteria are guidelines for reviewing and accepting applicants:
- Prior experience in informal Jewish education and in Israel travel as a participant and/or staff.
- Prior experience or participation in professional development and/or leadership trainings or seminars.
- A strong, well-grounded emotional attachment to Israel, the Jewish people, and Jewish life.
- Professional experience (full or part-time) in Jewish educational and/or communal settings.
- An interest in Jewish education.
Applicants will be required to complete an application, submit references, and interview with program staff.